Alot has been going on and I have been super busy. Between working, testing pattern and getting caught up on orders there is never a dull moment for me!
Recently I made the decision to begin writing crochet patterns. My specialty is Amigurumi. For those that are unfamiliar with Ami as it is called, it is a style of crochet where rounds are worked continously with no joining until the end of the piece. I have alot of ideas running around in my head. I had thought I was going to start with one thing and ending up deciding on another. In between pattern tests and orders, I will be working up my first ever pattern and I am hoping to release it around the beginning of September, sooner if I can get it worked up and to testers quickly.
I am proud to say that my first pattern will be for an Amigurumi version of the US Air Force’s Hercules C-130, affectionately known as the Herky Bird to his pilots, co-pilots and navigators. This plane by no means will be a small Ami toy LOL. He is a special request from my sister who is a Captain in the Air Force and I hoping that I do her proud with him. I will be posting WIP pictures of him as I get parts worked up.
This is pretty cool! One of my fellow crafters has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award.
Now I realize I don’t post alot but I am working on that. Lots has been going on.
When nominated for the award there are some rules you must follow and here they are:
If you have been nominated, nominate fellow bloggers that you love and who are relatively new to blogging. Let them know that you have nominated them. Share 7 random facts about yourself. Thank the blogger who has nominated you. Then add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your post.
My 7 random facts:
1. I have an obssession with Dragons
2. I have 4 beautiful granddaughters
3. My favorite color is Purple!
4. I am one of those weird people who loves nothing more than getting crafting supplies for my birthday or Christmas.
5. I have recently expanded from Crocheted toys to clothing and accessories.
6. I own a Purple Mustang. True story
7. 3 years ago I faced my overwhelming fear of heights to ride a Ferris Wheel with my oldest granddaughter because no one else would ride with her.
I nominate the following blogs
1. The Whole Knit and Caboodle http://wp.me/2QM9q
2. Smalltown Dreamz http://smalltowndreamz.blogspot.com/
3.Made By Christina with Love http://madebycwithlove.com/
4. Mad Mad Me http://032ad8a.netsolhost.com/madmad/
5. HodgePodge Crochet http://wp.me/275PL
6. Whimsy Stitch By Sarah http://wp.me/3fr1i
7. Spiffy Dolls http://spiffydolls.squarespace.com/
This is the Critter, a Baby Dragon that started my business over 4 years ago.
Welcome! Here you will get a taste of the inner workings at Silverdragon Crafts & Critters